- To identify and treat life-threatening and potentially reversible causes of haemodynamic instability in intensive care, emergency or operating room.
- To acquire skills in order to perform a fTOE examination in non-cardiac surgery.
- Be familiar with the assessment of cardiac dimensions and function
- Recognize the most important cardiac pathologies
- Learn how to interpret the echocardiographic findings.
Day to include:
- Lectures based on FUSIC fTOE curriculum.
- Simulation-based learning and hands-on in small groups.
- Debrief and case base discussion after each hands-on session.
- Supervision from Level II accredited faculty and support in undertaking the fTOE accreditation
Who should attend?
Medical and Allied Health Professionals working in Intensive Care, Anaesthesia, Acute or Emergency Medicine
Faculty led by:
Dr Antonio Rubino
Consultant in Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia
Critical Care Scientist
Event is accredited by the Royal College of Anaesthetists for 6 CPD credits.
Cost£250.00 – £300.00
Start Time16 November 2023 @ 8:45 am
End Time16 November 2023 @ 5:45 pm
WebsiteView Host Website
OrganizerRoyal Papworth Professional Development
LocationHLRI, Royal Papworth Hospital, Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Cambridge, CB2 0AY United Kingdom + Google Map
<iframe title="Google maps iframe displaying the address to Heart and Lung Research Institute" aria-label="Venue location map" width="100%" height="350px" frameborder="0" style="border:0" src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed/v1/place?key=AIzaSyDNsicAsP6-VuGtAb1O9riI3oc_NOb7IOU&q=HLRI%2C+Royal+Papworth+Hospital%2C+Cambridge+Biomedical+Campus+Cambridge+CB2+0AY+United+Kingdom+&zoom=10" allowfullscreen> </iframe>