Aims of the Course
Both courses provide the delegates with the pre-requisite information required to successfully complete the ARTP spirometry certification and appear on the national ARTP Spirometry register. Information will be provided on both courses regarding the requirements for certification, for example, portfolio contents and
the examination process. There will be practical sessions for both courses to reinforce the theoretical learning.
The aim of this 1 day course is to provide the theoretical background and principles of testing for attendees to learn the skills required to provide a quality assured diagnostic spirometry and bronchodilator reversibility testing service.
This 2 day course will include all the information presented on the foundation
course plus the ability to fully physiologically interpret the results of spirometry.
Course to Include:
- Anatomy & Physiology relevant to spirometry testing
- Patient considerations prior to testing
- Equipment quality control
- Performing quality assured diagnostic spirometry
- Identifying common errors and how to rectify them
- Principles behind bronchodilator reversibility testing
- How to define normal and hence identify abnormal
- How to physiologically interpret the results of spirometry testing
- Practical sessions on performing spirometry, equipment validation and interpretation
Who should attend?
- Practice Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- General Practitioners
- Any other Healthcare Professionals performing spirometry
Course Led By:
Dr Karl Sylvester, Royal Papworth Hospital, Head of Cambridge Respiratory Physiology
Registrations for both courses will close on 15/01/2024
Cost£190.00 – £265.00
Start TimeJanuary 30 @ 8:00 am
End TimeJanuary 31 @ 7:00 pm
WebsiteView Host Website
OrganizerRoyal Papworth Professional Development
LocationRoyal Papworth Hospital
Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AY United Kingdom + Google Map